Ooyala Flex Prerequisites
You can use one of these major browsers to access Ooyala Flex:
Internet Explorer: IE 9+.
Firefox: For ideal performance use version 11 and above.
Chrome: Version 48.0.2564.97 m for Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome Frame and above.
The recommended screen resolution is 1280 x 1024 pixels.
Running Ooyala Flex
Ooyala Flex will be unable to run without the following things:
• MySQL 5.6 DB server with a created database (+1 if using Ooyala Flex Playout, +1 if using Ooyala Flex FTP Resource nodes).
• Oracle Java 7.
• NFS exported shared storage (for internal Ooyala Flex indexes and files shared between the nodes of the cluster).
• Media storage - network asset storage shared between the nodes. Currently supported are CIFS, NFS and Amazon S3.
• If using a transcoder, your transcoder will have to support accessing storage over the same protocol - for example configuring Ooyala Flex to access your storage via NFS and having a Rhozet Carbon Coder transcoder accessing it via CIFS is unsupported.
• Currently supports Ooyala Flex installations on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. RedHat 6 and CentOS 6 are also supported however please note that Apache 2.4, which is required, is not available from official repositories for those systems and will need to be installed separately.