An Account Object represents a single Ooyala Flex Account. An Account represents the highest level of scoping for Ooyala Flex Objects, and nothing can be accessed outside an Account. An Account is normally assigned to a company or business unit. An Account can comprise of Sub-Accounts, Groups, Roles, Workspaces, and Users. Object Visibility is currently set at the Account level.
Most customisation of Ooyala Flex occurs at the Account level. The following properties can be set and viewed at Account level:
• Owner: The person that created the User in the system.
• Ooyala Flex Console URL: The URL is typically the Account name (with character escaping where necessary) pre-pended to the main Ooyala Flex Console domain. For example, account.ooyalaflex.com
• Metadata: Custom fields for managing basic Account details.
• Theme: The theme controls the branding, look and feel of an Account.
• Members: A collection of Users that belong to this Account.
• Sub-Accounts: A collection of Sub-Accounts that belong to this Account.
• Groups: A collection of Groups that belong to this Account.
• Roles: A collection of Roles that belong to this Account.
• Variants: Variants can be used to customise existing Object Types.
• Properties: Supports the advanced configuration of Ooyala Flex at the Account level and also environmental variables.
The Master Account
The Master Account is immutable and always exists. This Account is created when a new Ooyala Flex platform is installed. The Master Account owns all other Accounts, and is only accessed by the Master User. A Master Account is primarily used for setting up other Accounts as well as system-wide configuration.
A Sub-Account represents an Account that belongs to an existing Account. Sub-Accounts are useful, for example when an Account that belongs to a single company needs to be split up into multiple business units with self-administration. An Account can access all of the Objects that belong to its Sub-Accounts.
Creating an Account
1) Login in as MasterUser, or the owner of the Account that will be making the new Account or Sub-Account.
2) On the Toolbar, click the New option.
3) From the drop down, select Account.
4) In the Create new Account section, fill in the relevant details for the Account, such as a Name and an optional description.
5) Click Save to finalise.
6) Click Enable to enable the Account.
7) Set up any Properties for your new Account. In particular obtain and apply URLs.
When you create a new Account a default Workspace is created with the same name.
Adjusting the theme
Once an Account has been created you have the ability to continue configuring it using the various sub-tabs located in the Details screen for the Account. One of the most useful sub-tabs is the Theme sub-tab. This allows you to customise the Ooyala Flex Console so that it matches your organisation's look and feel.
Note: Alternatively, you can access the Theme section, by clicking the Settings tab, and then selecting the Theme option from the toolbar.
You can adjust the following areas in the Theme sub-tab:
To adjust the theme of your Account follow these steps:
1) In the details screen for the Account you wish to edit, click the Edit option.
2) Click the Theme sub-tab, and click the Edit option.
Summary Includes: Name, Description, and Company Name
You can change the summary text by deleting the default text, and then entering new text. The Name and Company Name fields are mandatory, and must be filled in.
The Links section includes: Logo URL, Header Link URL, and Help Link URL. You can change the links for the various fields, by entering a valid URL.
The Colours section includes: Header Text, Header Background, Tabbed Navigation, Table Header Background etc. In order to change the colour for a particular area of Ooyala Flex, you can simply select the colour from the colour picker, or enter a hexadecimal colour code.
The images that can be changed are:
- Login Logo
- Main Logo
- Client Splash Logo
- Bookmark Icon
- Client Logo
To add an image simply click the Choose File button next to the respective field, and select the image file.
1) In the Dashboard Tab, click your name located in the top-right corner of the screen.
2) In the User Details section, click the Switch tab.
3) In the Switch to Account field, select an Account from the drop down.
4) In the Workspace field, select a workspace.
5) Click Go.