A Wizard is an ordered sequence of screens (pages) through which you interact with Ooyala Flex in order to carry out work. Ooyala Flex's Wizard framework is very extensible so that developers can create their own Wizards with their own associated screens.
Wizards can be launched in three different ways:
• From a User Task: If a Wizard is referenced by a Task Definition, then the Wizard is run when a User carries out a Task Instance as part of a Workflow.
• Stand-alone: If a Wizard is set as stand-alone then it can be launched from a Dashboard and run in the Ooyala Flex Console. Example of a Stand-alone Wizard is a Wizard to create a new Asset Group. Clearly this does not need to happen as part of a Workflow.
• Remotely: A Wizard page can be created in an external system. The Wizard is then orchestrated through API calls to the Ooyala Flex platform.
A stand alone Wizard can be found inside the I Want To... box on each Dashboard for easy access.
Wizard Pages are the individual screens through which you interact with in Ooyala Flex to get work done. When Wizards are created, the specific pages are selected and the order in which the pages should be presented are also set.
Note: You will only be able to see and run Wizards that you have permission to see.
Running a Wizard
To run a stand-alone Wizard simply find the I Want To... box on any dashboard in the Ooyala Flex console. Click on the name of the Wizard you wish to run.
Wizard Object Properties
|Scope||Account||The Scoping of this Object|
|Visibility||Whether the Object supports visibility|
|Extended Config.||Whether the Object has an extended configuration tab|
|Scripting||Whether the Object can be configured using scripting|
|Enable / Disable||Whether the Object can be enabled and disabled|
|Start / Stop||Whether the Object can be started and stopped|
|Copy||Whether the Object can be copied|
|Export / Import||Whether the Object can be exported and imported|
|Delete||Whether the Object can be deleted|
|Unique Name||Whether the Object name must be unique within its scope|
|Variants||Whether the Object supports Variants|
Creating a New Wizard
1) On the Toolbar, click the New option.
2) From the drop down, select Wizard.
3) In the Create new Wizard section, fill in the relevant details such as Name, Visibility, Plugin, Launch Rules, and so on.
4) Click Save to finalise.
Adding Pages to a Wizard
1) Click the Pages sub-tab.
2) Click Add Page.
3) Assign a page path that relates to the Task that you want to carry out (e.g. assigning metadata to a Task).
4) Assign an Action Parameter: Some Wizard Plugin Pages support Action Parameters which control their behaviour
5) Assign an Asset Context: An Asset context expression can be used to ensure the page references the correct Asset in an Asset hierarchy.
6) Click Save to finalise.
Once a page has been created, you have the option of editing, deleting, or re-ordering the sequence of the pages for a Wizard. To do this, hover over the chevrons to the right hand side of each page, and make your selection.
Working with Wizards
To run a stand-alone Wizard simply find the I Want To... box on any dashboard in the Ooyala Flex Console. Then click on the name of the Wizard you wish to run.
Running an "Add an asset to a group" Wizard
An example of how this functionality works, can be shown using the "Add an asset to a group" Wizard, as follows:
1) To begin, select the Add an asset to a group Wizard.
2) This will take you through to the Add an asset to a group screen pop-up.
3) Search and then select the desired Group and select Next.
4) Assign members to the group and click Next.
5) View and approve the confirmation page, which confirms the group and the members of the group. Click Finished.