Using the Web Uploader
Accessing the Web Uploader
The Web Uploader can be accessed in either the Desktop Tab, or the Assets Tab. Simply click the Web Upload option found on the Toolbar, on the right hand side of the screen. When you click the Web Upload option, the Web Uploader dialog box will open, and you can begin uploading your file to Ooyala Flex, either by dragging the file into the dialog box, or clicking Upload.
Uploading a File
To upload a file, follow these steps:
1) In the Web Uploader dialog box, click the Upload button.
As an alternative, you can drag the files into the Drag your media files here... area.
2) In the Upload pop-up, click Add File(s).
3) In the dialog box, browse to your chosen file, select it, and click Open.
4) Select the Inbox and Workspace for the Asset from the respective fields, and click OK.
5) In the Destination section, enter the destination details for your Asset.
6) If there is a Metadata Schema associated with your chosen Inbox, a Metadata field will appear. In that case fill in the relevant details.
7) Click Save to finalise.
8) The file will have started to upload in the background.
9) If you have the correct permissions, you will be able to view the progress of the upload in the Recent Activity View.
Once you have begun uploading a file to Ooyala Flex, you can manage it directly in the Upload dialog box. You can pause the upload for one or more files, and then come back to them at another time. The great thing about the Web Uploader, is that when you pause an upload and then resume it again at a later time, you won't lose any data. You can also cancel an upload if you no longer wish to upload a file. Any completed or cancelled uploads will be listed in the Upload Window. You can then clear these from the list once you're done with them.
Pausing or Resuming an Upload
To pause an upload, simply click the Pause button. To resume that upload, click the Resume button.
Cancellation of an Upload
You can easily cancel an upload, by clicking the Cancel button.
Once an upload has either been cancelled or completed, it will appear in the list. You can clear these files from the list if you wish, by clicking the Clear button.
There is a Job that runs in Ooyala Flex, which removes stale uploads if they are older than a specific time period. For example, if you have stale uploads that are older than 2 days, then those uploads will be removed. The time that determines if an upload is stale can be set by your Account administrator.