Web Transfer supports bulk uploads. This means you can upload multiple assets to Ooyala Flex simultaneously. In a bulk upload, each file is still processed individually, by individual workflows, but these workflows are grouped together as a single event from a UI perspective.
To perform a bulk upload, follow these steps:
1) On the toolbar, click the Upload option.
2) The Web Uploader opens in a separate window.
3) Click the Select option.
4) Browse to the files you wish to upload, and select them.
5) Click Open.
Note: Alternately, you can drag multiple files into the upload area, instead of manually navigating to them.
Note: If you intend to upload using FileCatalyst, you must manually select the file. Dragging the file into the uploader window will not work, as FileCatalyst needs to use its own selector to access the asset.
6) From the Inbox drop down, select an inbox.
7) From the Workspace drop down, select a workspace.
8) The Group Upload checkbox determines whether the upload is treated as a bulk upload. If this checkbox is selected, the upload is a bulk upload. If it is not selected, the files upload independently of each other.
9) If a metadata schema is associated with your selected inbox, you must fill in any mandatory metadata fields before uploading the asset.
Note: You must click the Save button to save the metadata. This is located at the end of the metadata fields. If you don't save your metadata, you will be unable upload the asset.
10) Click Upload Files.
11) The files upload. A progress bar is displayed for the bulk upload.
Note: You can also start a bulk upload by clicking the Upload icon, located in the top-right corner of the Web Uploader window.