Importing a Segmented Asset Through a Hot Folder
You can import a segmented asset automatically as part of a workflow. This can be done by creating a hot folder that points to the location of the segmented asset. You then upload an .m3u8 file to the available VFS location, which causes a workflow to trigger automatically. The segmented asset file is then imported from the VFS location to Ooyala Flex.
Creating a Placeholder Segmented Asset
To create a segmented asset, follow these steps:
1) On the toolbar, click New.
2) From the drop down, select Segmented Asset.
3) In the Name field, enter a name for your segmented asset.
4) In the Description field, enter an optional description.
5) Click Save.
6) On the action toolbar, click Import.
7) From the Action drop down, select the applicable import action.
8) Click Run Now and the job completes.
9) On the action toolbar, click Extract.
10) From the Action drop down, select the Extract Technical Metadata action.
11) Click Run Now and the job completes.
Viewing Segmented Assets in MAM
To view a segmented asset in MAM, follow these steps:
1) From the asset filter drop down, select Media.
2) From the Media Asset carousel, select a segmented / live asset. You can see a Live symbol on every live / segmented asset tile.