FQL in MAM
You can use the Ooyala Flex Query Language (FQL) to carry out complex searches in MAM. The MAM search bar recommends query parameters which can be used to either narrow or widen a search.
Example: if you type "an" a list of search options containing that phrase appears below the search bar. In the example below, you can see that the suggestions relate to searching around annotations.
To select a suggestion from the drop down, follow these steps:
1) Start typing a phrase. When you see the suggestion you wish to use click on it, or press Enter.
2) The suggestion appears in the search box.
3) Enter a value to complete the query. For example: you could search for assets that are associated with a tag called "cars".
4) Press Enter or click to run the search.
If the syntax you have entered contains an error, the error is highlighted in red.
When the error has been corrected it turns back to grey.
The FQL allows you to carry out a variety of searches. You can combine a number of different operators and query parameters in order to create search queries.
Here are some examples:
Search for assets that are associated with one or more tags:
- "tag"= car AND "tag"=transportation
- "tag"= car OR "tag"=transportation
Search for assets that contain two different tags and have an asset origin of import:
- ("tag"= car OR "tag"= transportation) AND "assetOrigin"= import
- ("tag"= car OR transportation) AND "assetOrigin"= import
Search for an asset by ID and that is associated with a specific tag:
- id"= 86153 AND "tag" = car
Search for a comment:
"message"= this is a comment
Search for a description:
- "description"= The Great Adventure is a film about a man who
Search for assets by file format:
- "format"= MP4
- "format"=MP4 OR "format"=FLV
- "format"=MP4 AND "format"=FLV
- "format"=MP4 OR FLV
Search for assets by codec:
- "codec"= DivX
Searching for an asset by specifying the account ID:
- accountId= 123456