Setting up Reviewer in Core
There is a certain amount of configuration that needs to be done in Ooyala Flex Core, in order to start using Reviewer. You must create and setup an “Open Review Session” action, so that you are able to create review sessions against your existing assets, and those that you will upload in future. Once you have setup this action, an Open Session button will appear above all of your assets in Ooyala Flex.
Creating an Open Review Session Action
To create an open review session action, follow these steps:
1) In the Ooyala Flex console, on the toolbar, click the New option.
2) From the drop down, select Action.
3) In the Create new Action… screen, you will need to enter the details for your new action.
4) In the Name field, enter a name for your action, for example “open-a-new-review-session”.
Note: The name field must be in lower case. You will not be able to save the action you have created, if you have upper case letters in the action name.
5) In the Description field, enter an optional description.
6) In the Visibility field, select where the action will be available.
7) From the Plugin Type field, select the Open Session type.
8) From the Plugin field, select the Open Asset Review Session option.
9) Click Save.
10) Click the Configurationsub-tab.
11) Click the Edit option.
12) In the Session Name field, enter a session name, e.g. “Open Session”.
13) In the Initiator field, select a user that will initiate review sessions.
14) In the Reviewer User field, click the + symbol, and select a user from the drop down, that you want to include in the review session. You can do this for as many users as you wish.
15) In the Reviewer Group field, click the + symbol, and select a group from the list. You can do this for as many groups as you wish
16) In the Auto-close date field, select a date, by which you want the review session to expire.
17) In the Comment field, enter an optional comment.
18) In the Record Comment? field, select the checkbox if you want comments to be recorded.
19) In the Asset Publish Action field, select an existing publish action, that will be used to publish assets.
Note: You must create a publish action before you create a review session action.
20) In the Portal URL field, enter a portal base URL to use for sessions.
21) In the Message Template field, select an existing Ooyala Flex message template. This will be sent out to those you choose as reviewers for review sessions in future.
Note: To create a message template, please check the Ooyala Flex message template documentation.
22) In the Allow Download field, select the checkbox if you your reviewers to be able to download the asset from a review session.
23) Click Save.
24) Click Enable, to enable the action.
25) Your Open Session action will be present on the power bar above any assets you upload to Ooyala Flex.