Creating Review Sessions
Using the Uploader to send an Asset for review
You can set up a review session using the Web Uploader in the main Ooyala Flex console. When you do this, you can specify all of the details for the review session, such as:
- The name of the session.
- The users that you wish to assign as reviewers of the asset.
- External people to add as read-only reviewers.
- Overall comments about the review session.
- When the session expires.
- Whether you want to allow reviewers to download the asset to view locally on their machines.
There are two ways to set up a review session. You can create a review session during an upload of an asset in Core, or by navigating to an existing asset in Core.
Creating a Review Session for an Existing Asset
To create a review session for an existing asset, follow these steps:
1) In the main Ooyala Flex console, navigate to an asset of your choice.
2) Click on the asset card to be taken to the Asset Details screen:
3) On the power bar, above the Asset Details section, click the Open Session Action.
4) In the Create Open Session Jobs pop-up, specify the review session details, such as the reviewers in the session, the session name, when the session expires, and so on.
5) When you have entered the details for your review session, click Run Now:
6) The review session is then created. When the progress bar reaches 100%, the review session is ready:
Creating a Review Session During a Upload
To create a review session, follow these steps:
1) In the main Ooyala Flex console, open the Web Uploader, and click Upload.
2) In the pop up, click Add File(s).
3) In the dialog box, select the file(s) you wish to upload, and click Open.
Alternatively, you can drag the file into the Upload window.
4) In the pop up, select the inbox and workspace for the asset from the respective fields, and click OK. The file then starts to load in the background.
5) In the Select Destination section, fill in the destination details, such as production, series, episode, version. In the Metadata section, if applicable, fill in any metadata details for the asset:
6) In the Review section, select the Send for Review checkbox:
7) In the Session Name field, enter a name for your review session.
8) In the Session Expiry Period field, select an expiry period: for example, select 3 Days if you want the session to expire within 3 days.
9) In the Add Reviewers field, you can add reviewers to your session. To add a reviewer, start to type the name of the reviewer, then select the name from the lookup.
10) Click the Add icon to add the reviewer.
11) In the Comment field, you can write a comment about the review session for your reviewers to read. If you select the Record this comment check box, your comment will be recorded in Ooyala Flex.
12) Select the Allow Download check box to allow your reviewers to download the asset that they are reviewing.
13) When you have finished specifying the details for your review session, click Save:
A View-Only Review is when someone is assigned as a reviewer of an asset, but cannot post comments against that asset. These are usually external parties, such as a user who is not part of your organization, and so does not have access to Ooyala Flex.
In order to add an external user as a reviewer, add their email address when selecting the reviewers you wish to add to the session.
Any external reviewers you have specified will be sent an email containing a link. When they click this link, they will be taken to the review session.