- add a new client category,
- associate clients,
- and enable clash protection.
All three options are connected and described in this section.
Add New Client Categories
- Open the Clients tab from the menu ().
- From the Clients Overview, click on the Client Categories tab.
- Click on Add new client category. A new page opens up:
- Fill in the following information:
- Client Category Name: enter a name for the client category
- Client Category Description (optional): add a description of the client category for your own internal reference. Enter any notes you may have for yourself or your colleagues
- Client Category Custom ID (optional): add an identifier of your
choosing that helps you recognise this item. The Client Category Custom
ID can be passed in third party VAST tags to help ensure that clash
protection works when using third party ad sources. For more
information, refer to Appendix D - Pulse Macros.Note: Use up to 100 characters which may include alphanumericals and the following special characters: - _ . (dash, underscore, dot).Note: In order for third party ad clash protection to work, the third party ad source has to support the feature.
- Click SAVE.
After adding a new client category, click on it from the client category list to expand the tab:
- Click the Associate clients button. The Select Clients page opens up.
- Click on the folder icon next to Advertiser or Brand to trigger the dropdown.
- Check the box next to advertisers or brands you wish to select:
Note: It is important to name both the advertiser or brand and their competitors within the same client category.
- Click Select.
Enable Clash Protection
After associating clients, you get the option to enable clash protection. This prevents advertisers or brands from clashing with each other during an ad break. When clash protection is enabled for a client, ads from that client are not shown together with ads from other clients in the same client category, which means they are completely exclusive during the entire content duration or during an ad break, depending on the setting.
- In the Clash Protection field, double-click the pen icon next to the
Edit clash protection pop up window opens up. The default setting is None, which means clash protection is disabled.
- To enable clash protection, choose between:
- Break: ads in this category are never displayed in the same break.
- Session: ads in this category are never displayed in the same session. A session refers to the duration of content.
- Click SAVE.
- The brands Mazda and BMW do not appear in the same ad break as Volvo.
- The brands Volvo and BMW do not appear in the same ad break as Mazda.
- The brands Mazda and Volvo do not appear in the same session as BMW.