Create Campaign Simulation
The campaign simulation feature allows you to test how much inventory a new hypothetical campaign could reach.
On the Planner tab, click the Campaign Simulation button.
The Campaign Simulation creation page opens.
Fill in the following fields:
- Simulation Name: enter a meaningful name for the campaign simulation. This name is displayed in the list of simulations and in the simulation report.
- Priority, Advertiser, Brand (optional): select a priority different from the default, an advertiser and/or brand.
- Delivery goal amount (optional): enter a delivery goal amount. If you enter an amount, it is displayed in the report as a reference to the potential reach. It does not affect the result of the simulation.
- Delivery goal type (optional): select a delivery goal type different from the default (impression). Selecting a type different from impression, scales the result to the average site completion rate for the selected type.
- Start date: the start of the simulation. This has to be a date in the future, which means that you can only create the simulation starting from the day after the current day.
- End date: the end of the simulation. You can only enter a date up to 100 days from the current date, because the forecast becomes meaningless otherwise.
- Targeting template and Targeting (optional): select targets through a targeting template, which was set up in the Settings tab, and/or through individually selecting content categories, tags, frequency capping and geotargets.
- Override global targeting (optional): simulations use the global targeting settings by default. You may override global targeting for each targeting type. Select the check box corresponding to the targeting you want to override, available on each targeting type tab.
- Ad type: select the ad type.
- Devices and services: elect all devices you want to target. If you want to target all device categories, click All device containers.
- Insertion point(s): select at least one insertion point for your selected ad type.
When you are done configuring the campaign simulation, click RUN
You are returned to the Planner page, where you can see the progress of your simulation. The time it takes to run the simulation relates to the date range of your simulation.
When simulation has started, you are able to open the report to follow its creation in real-time.