Create Campaign Simulation
The campaign simulation feature allows you to test how much inventory a new hypothetical campaign could reach.
On the Planner tab, click the Campaign Simulation button.
The Campaign Simulation creation page opens.
Fill in the following fields:
- Simulation Name: enter a meaningful name for the campaign simulation. This name is displayed in the list of simulations and in the simulation report.
- Priority, Advertiser, Brand (optional): select a priority different from the default, an advertiser and/or brand.
- Delivery goal amount (optional): enter a delivery goal amount. If you enter an amount, it is displayed in the report as a reference to the potential reach. It does not affect the result of the simulation.
- Delivery goal type (optional): select a delivery goal type different from the default (impression). Selecting one of the completion rate delivery goal types (if available), scales the result to the average site completion rate for the selected type.
- Start date: the start of the simulation. This has to be a date in the future, which means that you can only create the simulation starting from the day after the current day.
End date: the end of the simulation. You can only enter a date
up to 100 days from the current date, because the forecast becomes
Note: In case you selected Priority unreserved as the Delivery goal type, then providing an end date is optional, because campaigns with this goal type generally do not have an end date. If left blank, then the end date is automatically set to 100 days from today's date.
- Marketplace: the marketplace targeted by the campaign simulation. When selecting a marketplace, its win rate calculated over the past two weeks influences the forecast. The win rate expresses the amount of real-time bid requests where a winning bid was received in relation to the amount of bid requests that were sent in total. In case the marketplace has no recorded data for the past two weeks, then the win rate is 0 percent.
- Targeting template and Targeting (optional): select targets through a targeting template, which was set up in the Settings tab, and/or through individually selecting content categories, tags, frequency capping, and geotargets.
- Override global targeting (optional): simulations use the global targeting settings by default. You may override global targeting for each targeting type. Select the check box corresponding to the targeting you want to override, available on each targeting type tab.
- Ad type: select the ad type.
- Devices and services: elect all devices you want to target. If you want to target all device categories, click All device containers.
- Insertion point(s): select at least one insertion point for your selected ad type.
When you are done configuring the campaign simulation, click RUN
You are returned to the Planner page, where you can see the progress of your simulation. The time it takes to run the simulation relates to the date range of your simulation.
When simulation has started, you are able to open the report to follow its creation in real-time.