- The new Insertion Policy feature, which you access under Settings
( ), is only available if it has been enabled for your account.
Contact your Account Manager if you want to use this feature.
- If you are using the new feature, the functionality on the Ad Insertion Policies page is disabled, giving you only the option to select a new insertion policy from a dropdown. This connects it to the desired category, device container, and content play length combination, and overrides any existing settings. The whole procedure is described in Using Insertion Policies. You can also manipulate your insertion policies through the Insertion Policy API.
- The old Ad Insertion Policy feature, which you access from a specific
category in your Account (), remains fully enabled if you have not started using the new
- To configure the settings for the desired category, follow the instructions at Ad Insertion Policies.
- To use the new Insertion Policy feature, contact your Account Manager.
What is an Insertion Policy?
- the allowed ad formats
- the number of linear ads in breaks (pre-, mid-, post-, and seek-rolls)
- the duration of the ad break (time based breaks)
- the minimum time between linear ads
- the frequency and behaviour of non-linear ads in breaks (overlays)
- the skip ad button behaviour
The settings for a category are inherited to all sub-categories, but you can choose to override these settings on any sub-level. The ad insertion policies are flexible and can also be applied to devices and content play length. If you want to boost or limit the ad serving on specific devices, you can customise that. You can have individual ad insertion policies for long and short video, making it easy to optimise ad load for long or short form to take into account user behaviour around the content type.
- Use the new Insertion Policies feature to create an insertion policy and connect it to any category and device container combination, and optionally apply it to content play length (short or long form). You can reuse the same insertion policy as many times as necessary. Any subsequent changes you make to that insertion policy apply to all category, device container, and content play length combinations that it is connected to.
- Use the old Ad Insertion Policies feature to configure a unique ad insertion policy for each category and device container combination, and optionally apply it to content play length (short or long form). This means you cannot reuse the same insertion policy, and any changes you want to make have to be separately entered for each category, device container, and content play length combination.