Pulse REST API updates.
Pulse REST API Authentication Upgrade
Previously, the Booking, Reporting, Forecasting, and Targeting Template REST APIs used a different authentication mode than the one used for the Ad REST API. Now, all Ooyala Pulse REST APIs use the OAuth 2.0 protocol for authentication.
Previously, your first request was an HTTP POST request for access to the system using your Ooyala Pulse login credentials. Now, to access the Ooyala Pulse REST API, you need an API key, which is your global account key and it is not connected to a specific user. You create the key at https://manager.videoplaza.com/api-key. Use your Ooyala Pulse credentials to log in to the API Key UI. You can create mutiple API keys for your account, which are secret and permanent keys. Including an API key in each request as the x-o-api-key in the header is mandatory.
Deprecated and Modified: Authenticating Using the X-VP-AUTH-API Key and X-VP-AUTH Token
- The X-VP-AUTH token generated today is longer than the previously generated 128 characters token.
- Previously generated X-VP-AUTH token was valid for 1 hour and the client got a new X-VP-AUTH token on every backend request. Now, integrations using X-VP-AUTH token for more than an hour need to re-authenticate their session when given 401 (Unauthorized) response back, because we no longer generate new X-VP-AUTH token on each new request.
- Integrations which are looking for parameters other than X-VP-AUTH header or Cookie in the authentication response no longer work. Clients should solely rely on X-VP-AUTH header or Cookie parameter for authenticated session.
If you are one of the clients who are affected by this upgrade, please make sure you have the following behavior when getting the authorization token:
- Your integration must read X-VP-AUTH from Response Header or Cookie.
- Make sure your integration handles re-authentication when given 401 response for an operation.
Booking API Base URL Update
Previously, the base URL for the Booking API was http://core.videoplaza.com/core/api/1.0/. Now, the base URL is https://api.videoplaza.com/api/1.0/.
Supported Protocol Update
Previously, the Booking, Reporting, Forecasting, and Targeting Template API access was over HTTP. Now, all API access is over HTTPS, and accessed from https://api.videoplaza.com.
This release includes the following documentation updates: