New Insertion Policy UI functionality and API.
New Insertion Policy Functionality Available in Pulse UI
Previously, you had to configure a unique insertion policy for each category, device container, and content play length combination. Any changes you wanted to make had to be separately entered for each combination. Now, the new Insertion Policy functionality enables you to create your insertion policies once and reuse them as many times as necessary. You can connect the same insertion policy to any category, device container, and content play length combination. Any subsequent changes you make to that insertion policy apply to all category, device container, and content play length combinations that it is connected to.
- : create and define a new insertion policy.
- : from Account, access the Ad Insertion Policies page for the desired category, select the device container and content play length combination, then select the newly created insertion policy from the dropdown.
Currently, the cog icon does not accurately reflect whether there is an insertion policy configured for a category, which means you have to open the insertion policy page to verify. We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.
New Insertion Policy API
- retrieve an insertion policy template,
- create and update insertion policies,
- connect an insertion policy to a category, device container, and content play length combination, as well as to delete that connection,
- filter what the insertion policy targets based on category, device container, or insertion policy ID,
- and get information about insertion policies.
This release includes the following documentation updates: