Welcome to Video Advertising Documentation
Optimise your ad revenue and make the most of your growing audience with Ooyala Video Adverstising Products. Ooyala’s ad management and programmatic trading tools are designed specifically to help broadcasters and publishers run their video ad businesses. For an overview, see Video Advertising.
Revised and updated Ooyala Pulse Integration Developer Guide
In the new integration developer guide, we have restructured the information, so new-comers to the information are greeted with our Integration and Validation Process first, a crucial part to any successful integration between your video player and Pulse. The structure also reflects our recommended order of integration types with the most recommended types at the top. The introduction page to the integration developer guide, explains clearly when to use what type of integration and reiterates over the recommendations. Where needed, more information has been added to better help developers with their integrations.
Simulation Adjustments in Forecasting
Simulation adjustments enable you to factor in significant anticipated or past traffic deviations in your forecasts. For example, if you published videos that caused a significant increase in traffic compared to your normal traffic, then this extra traffic is going to influence all forecasts. To compensate for this traffic deviation, you mark the extra traffic in a simulation adjustment and the forecasting engine then compensates for it.
New higher level SDKs, called Pulse SDKs
- ad tracking,
- error handling,
- passbacks for 3rd party ads,
- and prompting the video player to play ads.
- Android, to integrate in your native Android application.
- iOS, to integrate in your native iOS application.
- tvOS, to integrate in your native tvOS application.
- HTML5, to integrate in your web based player, which can run on any platform through a web browser.
Where to Find What
- User Guides for Ooyala Pulse and Ooyala Pulse SSP administrators, ad operations, traffic managers and sales and product managers:
- Developer Guides for developing and validating integrations between
your player and Ooyala Pulse for ad serving:
- Mandatory Validation Importance and Process for all integrations.
- Plugins for several video players.
- Pulse SDKs (high level SDKs) for HTML5, Android, iOS and tvOS.
- Ooyala Pulse Integration Toolkit (low level SDKs) for HTML5, Android and iOS.
- VAST and VMAP for VAST and VMAP integrations.
- SDK reference documentation (both Pulse and Core SDKs).
- Samples integrations and documentation.
- Developer Guides for accessing and handling data in Ooyala Pulse:
- Release Notes for up-to-date information about Ooyala Video Advertising products:
- Ooyala Community for Video Advertising forum and knowledge base articles:
If you are looking for primers on using Ooyala's Video Advertising Products, we have a number of video tutorials with tips, tricks and how-tos. View the video tutorials at Ooyala Training Videos.