(Deprecated) v2 Analytics API
Based on your account, different analytics packages are available.
The following are the currently offered Ooyala account packages:
- Custom Analytics Package—Custom Analytics
- Default Analytics Package—Totals, Videos, Engagement, Sharing
- Device Types Analytics Package—Device types, Platforms
- Domain Analytics Package—Domains, URLs
- Geo Analytics Package—Countries, Regions, Cities, DMAs
All packages are discussed here.
Please note that all our platform services are currently dependent on Ooyala players being the generator of analytics data.
With only one exception, all API requests for Analytics use the GET method, because you are only reading data, not writing it. (The one exception is Custom Analytics to create your own custom tags for tracking; see Custom Analytics: Tags.)
As a result, the routes themselves can appear long or verbose but because of their verbosity, the meaning of the routes is clear.
In the syntax for the analytics routes, in the notation [/optional_qualifiers] the square brackets indicate that the attribute is optional; they are not part of the real syntax.