Custom Metadata API (Deprecated)
The Custom Metadata API enables you to associate arbitrary name/value pairs with any of your assets. Metadata is manipulated using signed REST-style GET calls to http://api.ooyala.com/partner/set_metadata.
- pcode – Provider Code
- expires – Query expiration date in seconds since epoch (00:00:00 1/1/1970 GMT)
- embedCode – The embed code to add or delete metadata to
- signature – The digital signature of the request. The signature should be calculated using SHA-256 with the signature generation rules.
- delete – A list of names to delete. These names should be separated by the null character ("\0", URI-encoded as "%00").
- name=value pairs – A series of name=value metadata pairs to associate with the embed code.
- A maximum of 100 name/value pairs can be set per asset.
- Names can be up to 128 characters in length, and values can be up to 2048 characters in length.
Responses are XML with the following structure
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <result code="success">ok</result>
When the request is successful, "code" will be "success". When the request is unsuccessful, "code" will be an HTTP status code indicating the reason for the failure.
As a reminder, all keys and values must be properly URI escaped.
This query will assign the value of "Francis Ford Coppola" to "director", the value "Marlon Brando" to "actor", and will delete the names "writer" and "copyright".