Player V3 Google IMA Ad Integration
The following documentation describes the Google IMA integration with Player V3. For documentation on the Google IMA integration with Player V4, see Google IMA Ad Plugin.
Google IMA v3.0
Google IMA v3.0.120 is an ad server and ad management platform. The Google Interactive Media Ads (IMA) SDK enables publishers to display linear, non-linear, and companion ads in interactive media content such as videos and games. Publishers can use the IMA SDK to request and display ads served by DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP), the Google AdSense network, or any VAST-compliant ad server. Common scenarios for using the IMA SDK include displaying pre-rolls or overlays in video content.
- DFP users: Publishers can use DFP to traffic, target, and serve their directly-sold ads. The IMA SDK offers advanced video ad serving features.
- AdSense publishers: Publishers can also use the Google AdSense Network (AdSense for Video (AFV) and AdSense for Games (AFG)) to monetize their inventory. If you only want to display AFV/AFG ads, DFP is not required. However, AFV/AFG ads still require the IMA SDK.
- Publishers using VAST ads from a third-party ad server: Publishers can book their VAST ads in DFP and use the IMA SDK to request and display them. VAST ad responses are parsed prior to ad playback. Refer to the VAST guidelines for details.
- AdExchange for Video: Publishers can make use of remnant ad inventory from AdExchange for Video via the Google AdSense Network.
- HTML5 web
- iOS mobile SDK
- Android mobile SDK
- Specific videos, such as all episodes of a particular TV show.
- Video metadata, such as videos in the "sports" genre.
- Users' geography.
- Users' browsers.
- Custom targeting keys and values that you define.
Ad Position SupportAds are supported on V3 Flash Players, V3 HTML5 players, and mobile SDKs for the following ad positions: