Customizing the Sender Application for the Ooyala Chromecast Integration
The customized sender is custom code that interacts with the Google Sender Cast SDK, Ooyala Mobile SDK and application UX/UI. You can customize the UI/UX of the sender application.
The customized sender application loads on the primary device application running on desktop (Chrome) or mobile (iOS/Android) platforms.
- (Recommended) Uses Google Cast Custom Channel namespace to pass messages.
- Uses the Cast Message Bus via Custom Channel to facilitate the following:
- Transmits the embed_Code and player_branding_id to the Receiver application for launch of the Ooyala HTML5 player.
- Transmits basic player functions (stop, play, pause etc) to the Receiver application to control the Ooyala HTML5 player.
- Via Custom Channel Listener, receives Ooyala related player errors based on player message bus events and translates them to application-friendly user messages. An example use case is if Ooyala Device Management feature is used. The /last_Result messages are published in the player message bus and passed back to the Sender, based on these results the appropriate message is passed back to the application.