A YouTube video is a video hosted by YouTube and played through the Ooyala player.
Benefits of Playing YouTube-hosted Videos
- Maintain a consistent look and feel across your site with the Ooyala player or your custom player.
- Leverage the use of Ooyala's rich APIs for an integrated and customized experience.
- Gain insight and maintain the benefits of Ooyala's leading analytics for all videos in your account.
- Discover supplemental content for your site from Youtube, the Internet's largest video library.
- Apply time, geographic, or domain-based rules to the content.
- Leverage Ooyala's intuitive and comprehensive tools to manage, syndicate, customize, and analyze YouTube content along with your own content.
Videos are Hosted on YouTube, not BacklotYouTube videos are sourced from YouTube. In Backlot, the video is represented as a YouTube asset with its YouTube URL, along with a title and description that you can edit. In Backlot, the asset type is "youtube", so in our documentation, we refer to these as YouTube assets.
- Backlot does not ingest and transcode the Youtube video.
- Youtube videos are not applied to your delivery or managed content allowances.
- Because Backlot does not transcode YouTube videos:
- Backlot does not generate any preview images.
- The content cannot be played back on iOS devices.
- YouTube content might not always be available to the player. For example, videos might be removed, videos might be restricted based on YouTube publisher rules, or access to YouTube might be blocked by a viewer’s company or institution.