Each encoding is a container format (e.g. MP4) which comprises a video and audio codec.
Processing time is affected by the following factors:
- Size of the source material—the higher the quality and the longer the content, the more time it will take to process.
- Number of encodings—the more encodings there are, the more time it will take to process them. Even though the encodings are processed in parallel, there is additional workflow overhead.
- Specific file types—some file types require a pre-transcoding pass. These include:
- Apple ProRes
- Apple Intermediate Codec
- Storage location—if you are using a non-Ooyala storage system, it can increase processing/copy time.
- Source errors—if there are errors in the source materials, Ooyala automatically deploys several processing tools to attempt to fix them. Depending on the nature of the problem, this can dramatically increase processing time.
- Additional time may be required to upload the source to Azure storage.