New Player Skin for iOS
The new Ooyala Skin SDK allows improved control over the Ooyala player skin for iOS. This new player skin allows for enhanced UI/UX customizations that can apply across your Android, iOS, and HTML5 (V4) players.
- native-skin README: Go to https://github.com/ooyala/native-skin/blob/stable/dev_docs/README-ios.md for general getting started instructions for iOS.
- About Player V4: For more details on Player V4 and the unified player skin across platforms, see Player V4.
- Player Skin Components: For a visual reference of what the different player skin components are, see User Interface for the Player V4 Skin.
- Feature Comparison: For a comparison of player features supported across environments (web, mobile SDKs), see Functional Support Across Environments for Player V4.
- FAQs: For FAQs about the player skin for iOS and Android, see API and SDK FAQ
SDK AccessGo to Ooyala Downloads and get the latest versions of:
- Ooyala mobile SDK for iOS (the skin is supported for version 4.6.0+)
- Ooyala Skin SDK for iOS
You need experience with iOS development.
Ooyala Player Skin for iOS is supported on the iOS v8+ environment.
- Repositories: You can clone, host, fork, and modify a forked version of the skin-config and native-skin repositories.Warning: Ooyala will support any pre-defined and valid modifications to the skin.json file. If you fork the skin-config repository and make non-valid modifications, or if you fork the native-skin repository and make changes, we will not offer technical support for these changes.
Try the Sample App
To try out the sample app, follow the steps in Getting Started with the Sample Application for iOS to set up the project.
Try the Player V4 Compiled SDK
You can try the BasicPlaybackSampleApp on your machine using the Compiled SDK. Follow the steps described in Updating an Existing Application with the iOS Skin.
Customization OptionsFor this release, the players (HTML5, iOS, and Android) offer the following degrees of customization:
- No customization. Use the default player with standard, out of the box settings.
- Easy customization via a JSON config file that applies across environments.
- Advanced customization. Developers can fork the player repositories and customize the source code.
See Player V4 Skin and the React Application Framework for more information.
Compiled SDK vs Source Code SDK
The source code SDK is an XCode Project that you can link directly to your application, and can use either local hosting or the JSBundle.
The compiled SDK can only use the JSBundle.