Ooyala Live Clipping to MAM
Ooyala Live Clipping is a new feature release to clip extracts from a Live video stream and use them as independent video assets.
How to use this feature in Channels:
- Each customer needs a Flex profile:
- In OoyalaLive, create an S3 profile with the following:
- Secret Key
- Flex S3 bucket
This profile is specific to the Ooyala Flex deployment.
- In the OoyalaLive Platform, go to the CHANNELS tab and create a
new channel. Enter the desired encoding and packaging settings:
- Start the new channel.
- Click on the desired channel DETAILS tab.
- In the next window, click on the CLIPPING tab:
- Enter a name and a description.
- Click the Start Syndication button. A warning dialog is displayed about a syndication 8-hour limit.
- Click the Start Syndication button in the warning dialog.
- When the process begins, a second button, GO TO MAM, is
displayed. Click this button:
How to use this feature in Events:
- In Ooyala Live, click on the EVENTS tab.
- Add a new event. Enter your event information and click on Advanced Options.
- Select the Clipping to MAM option.
- Click ADD & START NOW:
- In the EVENTS tab, select the event you just created and click Details.
- Select the Clipping tab.
- Click GO TO MAM, as before.
For information about handling clips in MAM, see the Edits page in the online help for MAM.