Integration with FreeWheel on Android
- Playlists/Channels - Thumbnails
- Related Media
- Live (New)
- Fully integrated analytics to understand mobile usage
- Closed Captions
- APIs for loading and displaying closed captions through DFXP (now TTML) files
- Ooyala's FreeWheel Manager object, which incorporates in it all of the necessary functions, so that you do not need to be concerned with working with a wide variety of calls.
- You can continue to use the basic functions of Ooyala's Mobile SDK, on which Ooyala FreeWheel SDK is built.
What You Need
To get started with Ooyala’s Android SDK for FreeWheel, download the following:
- Google's Android SDK
- Ooyala Mobile SDK for Android (available at Ooyala Downloads)
- Ooyala FreeWheel SDK for Android (Ooyala FreeWheel Android) (available at Ooyala Downloads)
- FWAdManager.jar from the
FreeWheel website (you need FreeWheel credentials to download the zip) Note: While using the latest version of the FreeWheel libraries please make sure the version you are using is compatible with the latest Ooyala integrations.
- Android Studio
Note: You must have static ad tags associated with your video assets in Ooyala Backlot, on which the Mobile SDK relies. If these are not present in your production Backlot account, you must load them in your app.
Structure of the Ooyala FreeWheel SDK
The SDK has the following directories and files.
|Documentation||Reference Java docs for the OoyalaFrewheelManager class|
|FreeWheelSampleApp||A sample application implementing the Ooyala SDK|
|OoyalaFreeWheelSDK.jar||The Ooyala SDK jar file you need to add to any new Eclipse project|
|VERSION||Version number of the Ooyala SDK for FreeWheel|
Essential Parameters and FreeWheel OPF Module Ad Set
To make use of FreeWheel in the Mobile SDK, you must create an ad set of type FreeWheel OPF Module in Backlot. See the Backlot User Guide for details. Ooyala allows you to store FreeWheel-ad-related parameters in a variety of locations. In order of precedence, FreeWheel parameters and their values can be defined in:
- The app
- Internal Ooyala configuration (contact your CSM)
- In the Backlot MONETIZE tab, Ad Sets subtab for the FreeWheel OPF Module type of ad set
The FreeWheel sample app includes the following lines to show the parameters that must be set in your app:
- fw_android_ad_server: The URL for serving ads on Android
- fw_android_player_profile: The defined profile for the player on Android
//freewheelParameters.put("fw_android_mrm_network_id", "90750"); freewheelParameters.put("fw_android_ad_server", "http://demo.v.fwmrm.net/"); freewheelParameters.put("fw_android_player_profile", "90750:ooyala_android"); //freewheelParameters.put("fw_android_site_section_id", "ooyala_test_site_section"); //freewheelParameters.put("fw_android_video_asset_id", "ooyala_test_video_with_bvi_cuepoints"); //freewheelParameters.put("FRMSegment", "channel=TEST;subchannel=TEST;section=TEST;mode=online;player=ooyala;beta=n");