Integration with Google IMA on iOS
With the Ooyala SDK for integrating Google IMA (Interactive Media Ads), the same advertising experience you have created on the desktop can be created on mobile devices.
Note: This software and documentation is for Google IMA with Ooyala's Mobile SDK for use on mobile devices. For Google IMA for the desktop player, see Integrating Google IMA Ads with Player V3.
- Ooyala's IMA Manager object, incorporates all of the necessary functions of the Google IMA SDK, so that you do not need to be concerned with working directly with Google's calls.
- We built the Ooyala SDK for Google IMA on top of our mobile SDKs, so you can continue to use their basic functions.
What You Need
To get started with Ooyala’s Google IMA for iOS SDK integration, download the following:
- Ooyala Mobile SDK for iOS (available at Ooyala Downloads)
- Ooyala Google IMA SDK for iOS (Ooyala Google IMA iOS) (available at Ooyala Downloads)
- Google IMA Libraries (from the Google Developer website)Note: While using the latest version of the Google IMA libraries please make sure the version you are using is compatible with the latest Ooyala integrations.
- Apple Xcode
Prerequisite: Working Google IMA Setup, with Associated Video Assets
Before you start working with the Ooyala Google IMA SDK, make sure you have a working Google IMA setup, as described at https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/.
Note: You must have static ad tags associated with your video assets in Ooyala Backlot, on which the Mobile SDK relies. If these are not present in your production Backlot account, you must load them in your app.
If Google IMA is already working correctly on your desktop, you should have no difficulty getting it to work on mobile devices.
Directories and Files in the Distribution
The following folders and files are included in the distribution.
|Documentation||The reference documentation for the distribution.|
|IMAHeaders||These program headers must be added to the new Xcode project to work with the Ooyala Google IMA SDK.|
|IMASampleApp||This sample app uses the distribution (described in See the IMA Sample App in Action on iOS).|
|libOoyalaIMA.a||The compiled Ooyala Google IMA SDK library you need to add to any new Xcode project.|
|VERSION||The version number of the distribution.|