Latest Release Notes: Mobile SDK for iOS v4.18.0
4.18.0 Released 09/20/16
New Features and Enhancements
- Akamai HD2 HLS Delivery format is now supported on iOS SDKs.
- The Mobile SDK for iOS now supports multiple analytics plugins.
- It is now possible, after pausing, to swipe on a remote control to seek on tvOS.
- The Mobile SDK for iOS now supports supports playback of downloaded (unbundled) assets, and offers new beta support for downloading and offline playback of clear HLS assets on iOS 10 devices.
- The Mobile SDK for iOS now defaults to HTTP Player API routes for video information.
- The Mobile SDK for iOS now uses analytics.js, IQ's JSON reporting SDK. We have switched from the Thrift Reporting SDK to the newer, JSON-based SDK.
- There was an issue in which the ad player was not removed from the UI layout when content would change. This issue has been resolved.
- There was an issue in which the UI would not properly update the number of displays and other metrics when replaying the same live asset. This issue has been resolved.
- There was an issue in which an asset without a Pulse Ad would cause the player to crash if the Backlot account had Pulse enabled. This issue has been resolved.