Ooyala Transcoding Service (OTS) Release Notes
OTS Enhancements (2017-07-20)
- Performance enhancements resulting in faster transcoding speeds.
- VOD source file validation: OTS now checks for source file corruption by comparing the source frame count with the output frame count.
- Ingest support for the H.265 HEVC codec: For customers using static transcoding and packaging, we now support ingesting MP4 content with High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), also known as the H.265 HEVC codec. For a complete list of supported source file formats, see Supported Ingest Formats. Note that the Ooyala Player does not currently support HEVC playback.
- Encrypted connections for remote assets: Added support for using Ooyala Widevine/Playready DRM key server with remote assets. Customers using their own VOD and live transcoding with Backlot, Ooyala Player, and Ooyala IQ can also use the DRM key server.
- Dynamic repackaging: For customers who are using static repackaging for VOD files, OTS now supports dynamic repackaging via Azure Media Services. Contact your account manager if are interested in using dynamic packaging.