Ooyala provides many ways to display, distribute, and monetize content. Organizing your content simplifies these decisions and enables you to test different strategies for different groups of content.
When organizing your content, consider the following:
- Player requirements—will all of your content use a single player or do you want a different player for different types of content? Do you need different players for different customers or brands? For more information on players, see Creating and Configuring Players in Backlot.
- Content sources—you can upload videos directly, use remote assets that are hosted outside of Ooyala, or even source videos from YouTube. For more information about content types, see Supported Content Types.
- Monetization goals—Ooyala enables you to monetize your content through advertising and paywalls. For more information, see Monetization.
- Where your content will be published—you can embed content on your website, upload to YouTube, syndicate to iTunes, syndicate to Boxee feeds, syndicate to Podcasts, and much more. For more information, see Content Publishing. For information on setting which content is syndicated, see Labels.
- Categorization—Ooyala enables you to categorize your content using labels. Once set up, you can group videos by labels, publish videos by labels, and view analytics by labels. For more information, see Labels.
- Content rules—you can specify where your content can play using geographic restrictions, when your content can play using time restrictions, and where your content can be embedded using domain restrictions. For more information, see Publishing Rules.
- Playlists and standalone content—do you plan to deliver individual videos, groups of videos, or both? A playlist is a group of videos that a viewer sees through a single player. The viewer will see a series of videos in the order that you specify or videos that use the labels that you specify. For more information, see Playlists and the Theme Builder User Interface.
Adding Content Videos Ads Remote Assets Live Streams