HTML5 Player V3 (Deprecated)
HTML5 Player V3 documentation.
About HTML5 Player V3
Since the advent of the Internet, HTML has been through several iterations. The early versions only supported text and graphics. The latest version, HTML5, has native support for video.
HTML5 is an emerging web standard that enables you to reach a wider audience on many different devices without having to re-code an app or web page for each device. Users don’t have to install and reinstall the same app on their different devices. HTML5 also provides the benefit of full UI customization that is easily achieved using CSS. This lets you separate the design from the backend functionality.
Player V3 not only enables you to take advantage of the benefits of HTML5, it also continues to support Flash players. Essentially, Player V3 makes the best choice of player depending upon your device capabilities. You use the new embed style for both types of players but you can also continue to use your V2 players as the Player V3 enables them to continue to run.
Although HTML5 has a rich set of features, it does not support content protection and other features provided through the Flash player.
Ooyala supports the following delivery protocols for HTML5 Player V3:
|Desktop (HTML5 V3)||
|Android Web (HTML5 V3)||
|iOS Web (HTML5 V3)||
|Android SDK with Premium HLS||
Key Topics for HTML5 Player V3
- Player V3 - Comparison Between HTML5 and Flash Players (Deprecated)
- Player V3 (Deprecated)
- Use Cases for Customizing Player V3 (Deprecated)
- Getting Started with Player V3 (Deprecated)
- Setting up Players Using the Backlot REST API (Deprecated)
- Players (Backlot REST API)
- HTML5 Player V3 Starting Sample (Deprecated)
- Secure XDR Player V3 Sample (Deprecated)
- Player V3 Features and Apps Customization
- Migrating from Player V2 to Player V3 (Deprecated)