Player V3 (Deprecated)
- optimized for playback across mobile and desktop devices
- highly configurable to ensure a customized user experience
- designed for scalability, especially for large networks and broadcasters
- integrated with Ooyala's analytics and third-party services
Types of Players
- Web players that run in the browser environment on desktops and mobile devices. There are two types of web players: HTML5 Player V3 (Deprecated) and Flash Player V3 (Deprecated). To learn more about which player to use for your needs, see Player V3 - Comparison Between HTML5 and Flash Players (Deprecated).
- Mobile players that run as native iOS or Android apps and are implemented using Ooyala mobile SDKs. For details, see Mobile Platform Development.
For tutorials and FAQs, see Getting Started with Player V3 (Deprecated).
Ooyala provides many options for customizing the player to enhance the user's playback experience.
Design-time player configuration:
- Backlot GUI (see Setting up Players Using the Backlot REST API (Deprecated))
- REST API (Chrome) (see Players (Backlot REST API))
Run-time programmatic control (web):
- ActionScript (deprecated Flash Player v2 only) (see Player ActionScript APIs (Player V2 Deprecated), V2 Player APIs (Player V2 Deprecated) and Differences Between Player V3 and Player V2 (Deprecated)).
Run-time programmatic control (mobile):
Refer to the Use Cases for Customizing Player V3 (Deprecated) to help you decide which approach is best for your needs.
You can also customize the playback experience by building playlists using ThemeBuilder (see Theme Builder Customization for Player V3).
Integration and Extensibility
You can extend player functionality, such as adding monetization functionality, by integrating with third-party components (see Player V3 Integrations).
Embed Code Styles
The embed code style for the latest version of the player differs from previous player versions. See Comparing Embed Code Styles in Player V3 and Player V2 (Deprecated) and Migrating an Existing Embed Code to Player V3 (Deprecated) for details.