Notable contents of this release include updates to the Watchlist API documentation and new documentation for stopping unauthorized streams.
Software Feature Releases
Unauthorized Stream Takedown ServiceYour Ooyala Backlot provider account can be configured to allow you to stop unauthorized streaming in realtime. Then, to stop unauthorized access to an asset as it is streaming, use Rights Locker to delete the entitlement or contact your Ooyala Customer Support Manager to do it for you. The deletion of the entitlement causes stream takedown to occur immediately. See Stopping Unauthorized Streams for details on how this works.
- Watchlist REST API Reference: Updated the request / response examples.
- About Discovering and Recommending Content: Added explanation about the interaction between the recommendations engine and the player GUI, and how each is component is configured.
- Assigning an Ad Set with OO.Player.create in Player V3: Added a note that you must contact your customer success manager or technical support to enable dynamic ad set IDs.
- Ingesting Remote Assets via MRSS: Updated the XML sample.
- External Publishing FAQ: Updated the FAQ with the new default expiration time for Universal Feeds (600 seconds).
- Stopping Unauthorized Streams: Added a new topic about how to stop unauthorized streams.