Notable contents of this release include a new release of Player V4 and Player V4 documentation updates.
Player V4 Release - Version 4.2.14
This release of Player V4 includes fixes for the following bugs:
- On Mac devices using Safari, the Discovery tray was misaligned. This issue is resolved.
- When using the Safari browser, the Up Next title text was overlapping the description. This issue is resolved.
- On iOS devices using Google IMA ads on a Player enabled for Discovery, after starting a Discovery video, Google IMA ads only played with audio (no video). This issue has been resolved for iPad devices. Discovery is not supported on iPhone devices.
- On iPad devices, when multiple V4 players were embedded on the same page, only one player would play successfully (additional players would not play even after you paused the first video). This issue has been resolved so that you can have multiple players on iPad devices, play the first video, pause the first video (or watch to the end) and successfully play videos from another player afterward. Please note that there is a known limitation that iOS that only allows a single media to play at a given time (you cannot play multiple videos at the same time).
Default Player Links
- Core Player (required): http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.2.14/core.min.js
- Player Skin:
- Video Plugins (at least one required)
- Main video plugin for HLS and MP4: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.2.14/video-plugin/main_html5.min.js
- OSMF Flash plugin for HDS: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.2.14/video-plugin/osmf_flash.min.js
- Bitmovin plugin for HLS and DASH: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.2.14/video-plugin/bit_wrapper.min.js
- Ad Plugins
- VAST and VPAID Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.2.14/ad-plugin/ad_manager_vast.min.js
- Google IMA Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.2.14/ad-plugin/google_ima.min.js
- FreeWheel Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.2.14/ad-plugin/freewheel.min.js
- Discovery: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.2.14/other-plugin/discovery_api.min.js
See Player V4 Release Notes for a full list of known issues for this release.
- Player V4 documentation: Added Player V4 system requirements (System Requirements by Platform for Player V4).
- Player V3 documentation: Updated Player V3 system requirements (Player V3 Platform and Browser Support and Player V3 System Requirements by Platform).
- Discovery documentation: Clarified which Ooyala player versions are affected by settings in the Backlot UI (see Configuring Discovery in the Backlot UI). Added customization details to Discovering Content in Player V4.