Notable contents of this release include the release of version 4.3.3 of the Ooyala Player V4.
Player V4 Release - Version 4.3.3
New Features in this Release
- New Live DVR feature.
- This feature allows a user, during live streaming (HLS streams), to drag the slider backwards in time and to drag all the way to the right to catch up to present time.
- This feature requires the bit_wrapper.min.js video plugin. Flash must be enabled in the browser.
- This feature is supported on the following desktop browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari for OS/X, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge.
- New Ooyala Pulse Ad Manager plugin.
- This plugin allows you to integrate with Ooyala Pulse, an ad server and ad management platform, where publishers are able to take full control over their ad inventory, use targeting based on audience and video content, and raise effective CPM and sell-out rates with realtime simulations, dynamic ad delivery and alternative ad sources.
- Support for HLS on Android web.
- Support for DVR and bitrate selection for HLS playback on Safari.
- Closed Captions rendered by the player skin.
- Player skin updates.
- The player skin CSS class names now have an "oo-" prefix and use dash format.
- The player skin value for the minimum width of the player now is restricted to a maximum of 320px.
- VAST Ad Manager plugin updates.
- The VAST ad manager has been updated to not allow pre-loading of ads (sending the request for XML before the video play begins) to make ad loading universal across ad managers and to ensure that ad impression numbers are accurate.
- ID3 detection.
- The Ooyala Player V4 will recognize ID3 tag information embedded in an HLS stream.
- When an HLS stream is embedded with ID3, the Ooyala Player will automatically raise an event VC_TAG_FOUND with the value videoTagFound to indicate that the ID3 cues have been encountered.
- With this capability, the Ooyala Player ensures that ID3 cues are easily detectable by web applications for a variety of use cases.
Default Player Links
- Core Player (required): http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.3.3/core.min.js
- Player Skin:
- Video Plugins (at least one required)
- Main video plugin for HLS and MP4: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.3.3/video-plugin/main_html5.min.js
- OSMF Flash plugin for HDS: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.3.3/video-plugin/osmf_flash.min.js
- Bitmovin plugin for HLS and DASH: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.3.3/video-plugin/bit_wrapper.min.js
- Ad Plugins
- Ooyala Pulse Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.3.3/ad-plugin/pulse.min.js
- VAST and VPAID Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.3.3/ad-plugin/ad_manager_vast.min.js
- Google IMA Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.3.3/ad-plugin/google_ima.min.js
- FreeWheel Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.3.3/ad-plugin/freewheel.min.js
- Discovery: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.3.3/other-plugin/discovery_api.min.js
See Player V4 Release Notes for a full list of known issues for this release.
- Loading Video Plugins: Updated the Flash Video Rendering section to describe the new behavior of the bit_wrapper.js Player V4 video plugin when rendering HLS on all browsers.
- Ingest documentation: Reorganized and streamlined. Consolidated various topics into single main topics for FTP (Ingesting with FTP), Aspera (Ingesting with Aspera), and MRSS (Ingesting with MRSS). Removed obsolete child topic files.