Notable contents of this release include Player V4 release 4.6.9.
Software Feature Releases
Player V4 Release - Version 4.6.9
New Features in this Player Release
- Setting the initial bitrate level - You can use the new initialBitrate parameter to set the initial minimum bitrate level (immediately after video playback) and to sustain that level for a specific period of time. Once the duration is reached, the bitrate level changes to the video plugin's automatic bitrate level. For details, see Embedded Parameters for Player V4.
- Closed captions enhancements:
Updated navigation - In Player V4, when you click the CC button, the pop-up allows you to easily enable or disable closed captions. Click LANGUAGE & CAPTIONS to change language and closed captions settings. For details, see Closed Captions in Player V4.
Saved settings - Player V4 now saves closed caption settings automatically in the browser. If a user changes a setting (for example, chooses a different font color), the change remains in effect when they open a new browser tab, browser window, or browser session. There is a new Player V4 event (OO.EVENTS.SAVE_PLAYER_SETTINGS) that is triggered when a change is saved.
- Thumbnail-based seeking - Player V4 now displays thumbnails to help users
search through a video.
- For desktop and mobile devices, if you drag the scrubber bar, the player pops up a carousel of thumbnails. The player displays as many as will fit on the screen.
- For desktop devices (browsers in mobile devices do not support this behavior), if you hover your mouse over the scrubber bar, you will see the nearest thumbnail image associated with that location in the video.
Default Player Links
- Download and host all of the new player resources (core plugin, skin plugins, CSS, font, and image resources, video plugins, ad plugins, analytics plugins, and so on) and update your resources to point to these new files.
- If you've customized your own Player skin using your own version of skin.json, download the latest skin.json file and merge any changes in this file with your customized skin.json file.
- Core Player (required): http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.6.9/core.min.js
- Player Skin:
- Video Plugins (at least one required)
- Main video plugin for HLS and MP4: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.6.9/video-plugin/main_html5.min.js
- OSMF Flash plugin for HDS: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.6.9/video-plugin/osmf_flash.min.js
- Bitmovin plugin for HLS and DASH: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.6.9/video-plugin/bit_wrapper.min.js
- Akamai HD video plugin: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.6.9/video-plugin/akamaiHD_flash.min.js
- Ad Plugins
- Ooyala Pulse Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.6.9/ad-plugin/pulse.min.js
- VAST and VPAID Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.6.9/ad-plugin/ad_manager_vast.min.js
- Google IMA Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.6.9/ad-plugin/google_ima.min.js
- FreeWheel Ad Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.6.9/ad-plugin/freewheel.min.js
- Analytics Plugins
- Adobe Analytics (Omniture) Plugin: https://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.6.9/analytics-plugin/omniture.js
- comScore Analytics Plugin: Please contact your account manager for access to this plugin.
- Discovery Plugin: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.6.9/other-plugin/discovery_api.min.js
- Live SSAI Pulse Plugin: http://player.ooyala.com/static/v4/stable/4.6.9/ad-plugin/ssai_pulse.js