Notable contents of this release include an upgrade to Cross-Device Resume functionality with IQ, as well as upgrades to Live.
Ooyala IQ Release - Version 126.96.36.199
New Features and Enhancements
Third-Party Players May Use XDR Functionality.
A third-party player may now make use of XDR code for pause and resume functionality, provided the player can integrate with the IQ JSON API. For example, a video can be paused on an Ooyala player and resumed on a Roku player. Some example third-party devices that are compatible include:
- Xbox One
XDR Supports External Assets.
XDR now includes support for assets external to Backlot (e.g., located in third-party content-management systems).
Ooyala Live Release - Version 2.1.0
New Features and Enhancements
- Ooyala Live uses a new logo. See Delivering Live Content for more information.
- The Event Details page displays a new DVR Window field. This field displays the value of the DVR Duration Override field located on the Advanced tab of the Add Event dialog.
- When Facebook Syndication is enabled, the Stream Duration (Minutes) defaults to 240 minutes; the maximum allowed by Facebook. Previously, it defaulted to 90 minutes. For channels that were created during previous releases, the Stream Duration (Minutes) still defaults to 90 minutes. However, you can change this value to 240 minutes.
- Ooyala Player V4 can display Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS) and Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH) on the page.
- Support has been added for Microsoft PlayReady (PR) content protection with Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (DASH) and Common Encryption (CENC), with playback support in Ooyala Player V4.
- The Slates manager supports .mov files. For example, when you use Add Slate to upload a file, you can upload a .mov file.
- When you use the Add Event dialog, the Enable Archive field is enabled by default. Previously, Enable Archive was not enabled by default.
- Email notifications for channels, events, schedules, and errors are now supported. To enable email notifications, hover over your login name in the upper right corner of the Live window and select Notification Settings from the menu that appears. Then, in the Notifications Settings page that opens, add comma-separated email addresses and select the notifications you want sent. Finally, at the bottom of the page, click Update Notifications. The notifications feature will begin working within approximately 15 minutes.
- To help fix an issue with public profiles being deleted, profiles can be reassigned while a channel is stopped. While a channel's Status is Stopped, on the Encoding page you can use Encoder Input Profile and Encoder Output Profile to select a different profile. Similarly, on the Packaging page, you can use Packager Input Filter Template and Packager Output Filter Template to select a different template.
- Previously, the channel displayed duplicate listings for each output that had DRM enabled. For newly created channels, on the channel's Packaging page, the Output Format fields displays each output format once. Similarly, the Create New Channel dialog, on the Packaging Setup page, the dialog displays each output once. Channels that were created during previous releases may still display duplicate listings.