Notable contents of this release include new documentation for the YOUBORA Analytics Plugin for Player V4 and the Discovery 1.5 API, and other documentation updates.
- YOUBORA Analytics Plugin for Player V4. Added a new topic that describes how to use the Player V4 Nice People At Work (NPAW) YOUBORA plugin (youbora.min.js) to track NPAW YOUBORA quality of service (QoS) analytics for Ooyala Player V4. See YOUBORA Analytics Plugin for Player V4.
- Discovery 1.5 API Docs. Discovery 1.5 API documentation is now available at http://apidocs.ooyala.com?linkToDisplay=http://apidocs.ooyala.com/discovery_api/index.html.
- Closed Caption label change. In the popover that appears when a user clicks the CC button, the label has changed from LANGUAGE & CAPTIONS to Caption Options. The following page was updated: Player V4 Closed Caption Settings.
- Added tips to Player V4 FAQ, Suggestions for improving video quality (using the initialBitrate) and hosting the assets directory (the assets directory in the same location as your html5-skin.css file) to Player V4 FAQ. User Interface Components in the Player V4 Skin.
- Clarification of scrubber behavior. Clarified scrubber behavior in various playback contexts. The following page was updated: User Interface Components in the Player V4 Skin.
- Updated encodingPriority default. Added "dash_drm" and "hls_drm" to the default for encodingPriority. DRMed streams are included in the default. See Player V4 Embedded Parameters.
- Player V4 video plugin requirements for bitrate information. To track bitrate information for analytics, you must use one of the following video plugins: OSMF Flash plugin for HDS, Bitmovin plugin for DASH and HLS, or Akamai HD video plugin for Akamai packaged HDS. Added this requirement to the following topics:
- Cross-domain policies and Adobe Flash. If you are using the OSMF Flash, Bitmovin, or Akamai HD plugins, you may need to configure cross-domain compatibility in your Flash cross-domain policy file. The following topics were updated:
Subscribe to Ooyala Release NotesSee Subscribe to Ooyala Release Notes for instructions on how to subscribe for automated notifications of Ooyala release notes.
This content was published on 08/26/16 at 11:00 PM UTC.