Integrating an HTML5 Video Tag with IQ Using the JS SDK
- Check that your account has the correct encoding profile to allow encodings that the HTML5 video tag supports. You can ask your account manager for assistance checking your processing profile.
- If you had to enable new files to be encoded in your encoding profile, you will need to upload a new video file or re-encode the video file in order to get the newly generated file. Content replacement (replacing an asset) will not work for this step. You must upload a new file or open a support ticket with Ooyala Technical Support to reprocess the video without manually uploading it again to keep the same embed code.
Reference analytics.js at https://analytics.ooyala.com/static/analytics.js in the page where your player is hosted. This
needs to be done for any page that has a player. You must load this script
before any other script that modifies the <video/> element.
Warning: Do not host analytics.js on your own. If you do so, you will not receive bug fixes and updates. Please use the Ooyala-hosted version at https://analytics.ooyala.com/static/analytics.js.
Include the <video/> HTML5 tag on your page.
- Get the video element in a variable.
- Set the data-embedId attribute to the video element.
- Call Ooyala.Analytics.HTML5Reporter.