Android Sample App for Chromecast
Ooyala provides a sample sender application for Android that runs a working version of the sender and receiver components of the Ooyala Chromecast Integration.
To perform the following steps to run the Android sample app you must have:
- A computer running Android Studio.
- A receiver with the chromecast module installed.
- An Android device running Android SDK 4.x or newer with the Chromecast App installed and paired with the receiver. This process is well documented by following the set up steps that appear when the app is opened on the device.
Note: If you are repeating these steps, make sure the app is removed from your device before beginning the second pass.
- Clone the Ooyala SDK for Android Sample Apps repository.
- Open Android Studio.
- Select Open an Existing Android Studio Project.
Navigate to android-sample-apps select ChromeCastSampleApp and click Choose for OS or OK for Windows.
- Wait for the Gradle execution to complete. The sample app appear opens in the IDE.
- Confirm the Project tab is active.
- Select Run.
- Choose the connected device from the selection menu and click OK. The app is running on the device.
- Tap the broadcast icon (in the top right corner) to select the Chromecast receiver.
- Tap to select the correct Chromecast receiver from the list.
- Tap to select a video to send to the receiver.
The app is now playing on the receiver.