Uploading a Closed Captions File in Backlot
After preparing a DFXP (now TTML) closed captions file, you can upload it to Backlot.
Note: It is assumed that the video has already been uploaded via Backlot UI/API or FTP.
To upload a closed captions file:
- Log in to the Backlot UI. The Backlot UI opens.
- Open the MANAGE page. The MANAGE page opens with a list of content.
- Do one of the following to access the video: Expand the STATUS menu on the left panel and click the Recently Created option, or expand the CONTENT TYPES menu on the left panel and click the Video option.
- From the list of uploaded videos, select the video to which you want to add closed captions.
- Click the Details tab, if it is not already selected.
- In the Closed Captions section, click Upload. You are prompted to upload a DFXP (now TTML) file.
- Select the closed captions file you want to associated with the video, and then click Open. Backlot UI uploads the file and adds it to the selected video.
- If you need to modify the file, delete it and upload a new file.
After the upload is complete, you will see an entry beneath the Closed Captions section title.