Uploading a Closed Caption File in Backlot
After preparing a closed caption file, you can upload it to Backlot.
You can upload closed caption files that use any of the following file formats.
|.TTML (formerly DXFP)||TTML (Timed Text Markup Language file. Generally, a closed caption file will have a .dfxp (Distribution Format Exchange Profile) extension. For details, see DFXP (now TTML) Format for Closed Captions.|
|.SCC||SCC (Scenarist Closed Caption) file.|
|.VTT||WebVTT (Web Video Text Tracks) file.|
Note: It is assumed that the video has already been uploaded via Backlot or the Ooyala Ingestion Services. See Ingesting Closed Caption Files for details.
To upload a closed caption file:
- Log in to the Backlot UI. The Backlot UI opens.
- Open the MANAGE page. The MANAGE page opens with a list of content.
- Do one of the following to access the video: Expand the STATUS menu on the left panel and click the Recently Created option, or expand the CONTENT TYPES menu on the left panel and click the Video option.
- From the list of uploaded videos, select the video to which you want to add closed captions.
- Click the Details tab, if it is not already selected.
- In the Closed Captions section, click Upload. You are prompted to upload a DFXP (now TTML) file.
- Select the closed caption file you want to associated with the video, and then click Open. Backlot UI uploads the file and adds it to the selected video.
- If you need to modify the file, delete it and upload a new file.
After the upload is complete, you will see an entry beneath the Closed Captions section title.