Syndicate Live Video to Twitch
Syndicate live video to Twitch with just the stream key and RTMP URL.
Before You Start
You need to know the Stream Key and RTMP URL for the account you want to syndicate to.
Find Twitch Stream Key
Enter the following URL in a browsers.
Replace "yourusername" with the user name for your Twitch account.
- Log in with your Twitch crendentials.
- Follow the prompts to get the "Stream Key."
- Be sure to copy and save the "Stream Key."
Find Twitch RTMP URL
Enter the following URL in a browser.
This is a list of the ingest servers or RTMP URLs for Twittter.
- Copy and save the RTMP URL geographically nearest to you.
- Live Syndication only works with the Ooyala Package as the Packaging Partner and Ooyala Encode as the Encoding Partner.
- A channel must be stopped to enable syndication.
- Enabling social media syndication does not start syndicating the stream. You must click start next to an enabled social media stream to start syndicating to a social media platform.
- Anything streaming on the channel is syndicated to any social media that has been enabled and is running. Schedules and events don't impact what is being syndicated.
- Ad-hoc channels that have scheduled events automatically stop 30 minutes after the last scheduled event. Any syndication that is running on the ad-hoc channel is stopped when the channel is stopped.
- Syndication to a 24x7 channel runs continuously until the syndication stream is stopped or the channel is stopped. Facebook enforces a 240 minute maximum time limit for live syndication.
- You can enable syndication to social media as part of creating a new channel.
Twitch Tab View
Configure Twitch Syndication
- Log in to the Live UI.
- Click CHANNELS.
- Hover over the channel's type, and click VIEW CHANNEL DETAILS.
- Click SYNDICATION.
- Expand Twitch.
- Check Enabled.
- Enter the Stream Key.
- Enter the RTMP URL.
- Click SAVE. Twitch is now configured. To start syndicating to Twitch, you need to start the channel and the Twitch syndication stream.
To start the channel, click START in the upper left of
Ooyala Live configures the channel for syndication to all enabled social media. This may take several minutes.
- Click the play button for Twitch, to start syndicating to Twitch.