Configuring Basic Player Settings for Flash Player V3
Use the Backlot UI to configure the player look and feel. Any changes are automatically applied to all videos, channels, and channel sets that use the player.
To edit a player:
- Log in to the Backlot UI. The Backlot UI opens.
- Open the PUBLISH page.
- Click the Player Branding tab.
- Select a player.
- Select the Player tab.
- To change the name of the player, enter a new name in the Player Name field.
- To enable viewers to share the content, select the Share check box. To specify how customers can share, click options and select the check box for each supported sharing option (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, and so on).
- To display an embed button that viewers can click to get an embeddable URL for the asset, select the Embed check box. The embeddable URL can be used to display the asset on the viewer's website, blog, and so on.
To provide information about the currently playing asset, select the Info check box. To specify which information, click options and select from the following:
- To display the title of the video that you specified during ingest or changed on the MANAGE page, select the TITLE check box.
- To display the description of the video that you specified during ingest or changed on the MANAGE page, select the DESCRIPTION check box.
- To display the name of your organization, select the Presented By check box and enter your organization's name in the Provider name field. If you want your name to link to your web site, enter a URL in the URL field. You do not need to specify "http://" before the URL.
- To display a channel button that viewers can click to see other assets in the channel, select the CHANNEL check box (video assets only).
- To display an advertising countdown message that communicates how long the advertisements will run before the asset starts, select the Ad Countdown Message check box (this setup is for Ooyala Ads only, which are video assets you have uploaded to Backlot and marked as ads).
- Select scrubber bar options. These include whether the volume control appears, whether the viewer can view a full screen version of the asset, whether the viewer can change the bit rate, whether the asset buffers when paused, and whether the scrubber bar is always shown or automatically hides.
- Select the accent color used throughout the player.
- Select the default language used for closed captions from the Closed Captions Default Language list box (video assets only).