Building a Player V3 App with Win 8 (Deprecated)
Player support for Windows 8 gives you the ability to extend your content audience by taking advantage of this significantly new platform with your Player apps.
Important: Ooyala Player V3 is deprecated and is scheduled to be disabled on 2018-01-31. After that date, Player V3 will no longer play your video or audio content. Customers still using Player V3 need to migrate to Player V4 (see Migrating from Player V3 and Player Migration FAQ).
How to Build a Player App for Windows 8
- Download the Ooyala Player Windows 8 sample application. The package is available as a tar file: OOView.tgz. You can also see the OOView demo and inspect the source.
- Download the Windows 8 Release Preview from Microsoft.
- Download the Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Express RC for Windows 8.
- Set up your downloaded developer environment.
- Open the Visual Studio project.
- Open the Visual Studio Project link.
- Open the following three files: default.html (local), default.js,player.html.