Side Car Files
A "side car file" refers to a file that accompanies a digital file. Side car files typically comprise metadata information. When side car files are ingested into Ooyala Flex the contained metadata is typically associated with the Asset.
These are the methods in which a file can ingested to Ooyala Flex:
• Through using the Transfer Agent to deliver to the Ooyala Flex Transfer Server.
• Through using the HTML5 Web Uploader to deliver to the Ooyala Flex Transfer Server.
• Through using an FTP client to deliver to the Ooyala Flex Transfer Server.
• Through popular ingest, logging, and edit environments.
• Through dropping a file into a Remote Inbox or local Hot Folder.
• Through using the Ooyala Flex API.
If you are transferring very large files it is often better to use the Transfer Agent as it:
• Supports accelerated transfer
• Preserves upload state between sessions
• Can recover from lost-connections
• Supports partial uploads.