Google Cloud Storage
Configuring Google Cloud Storage
You must create a Google Cloud Storage account and then configure it correctly, so that Flex Media Platform can make use of Google Cloud Storage. This includes creating a GCS key and bucket.
1) Navigate to https://cloud.google.com/storage/
2) On the top navigation, click Console.
3) Click the Project drop down.
4) In the pop-up, click New Project.
5) Enter a name for the project, the name of your organization, and a location.
6) Click Create.
7) On the left-hand side of the screen, on the menu, click IAM & admin.
8) On the left-hand side of the screen, on the menu, click Service accounts.
9) On the top navigation, click +Create Service Account.
10) In the Service account name field, enter a name for the service account.
11) In the Service account ID field, enter a service account ID. The service account ID is required and must be unique. Example: @-est-214709.iam.gserviceaccount.com
12) From the Project role drop down, select Storage and then select Storage Admin.
13) Click Save and the account is listed below.
14) Click the ellipsis next to the service account, and from the drop down, select Create Key.
15) In the pop-up, select JSON.
16) Click Create.
17) The private key is saved to your computer. Click Close to close the pop-up.
18) On the top navigation, click Google Cloud Platform to return to the main dashboard.
19) On the left-hand side of the screen, on the menu, click Storage.
20) On the top navigation, click Create Bucket.
21) In the Name field, enter a name for the bucket. This name must be unique.
22) In the Default storage class field, select Multiregion.
23) In the Location field, select a location.
24) Click Create and the bucket is created.
Using Google Cloud Storage in Flex Media Platform
A Google Cloud Storage (GCS) option can be found in the Protocol dropdown, in the configuration for all storage resources, hot folders, and inboxes.
When you select Google Cloud Storage as your VFS location in the configuration of your storage resource, a set of GCS specific fields appear. Populate each of these fields, to connect Flex Media Platform with your Google Cloud Storage account.
These fields are as follows:
- Protocol: The protocol for accessing the location.
- Path: The path to access the location. This is an absolute path starting with a / (except in the case of FTP and SFTP, which are relative to your home directory).
- Key: Key for authentication.
- Bucket: The bucket you have set up in your Google Cloud Storage account.