The Asset Basket
You can use the Asset Basket in order to store and organise your Assets, as well as carry out Actions against them.
Accessing your Asset Basket
To access your Asset Basket, follow these steps:
1) On the Ooyala Flex dashboard, click the Assets tab.
2) On the Toolbar, click the Asset Basket option.
3) The Asset Basket will open, and you can see all the Assets that are currently in the basket.
Note: Alternatively, you can access the Asset Basket, by clicking the Asset Basket link, located in the top-right corner of the Ooyala Flex console.
Adding Assets to your Asset Basket
To add Assets to your basket, follow these steps:
1) Navigate to the Asset that you wish to add to your basket.
2) Click the Asset Basket icon, located in the bottom-right corner of the Asset card.
3) The Asset Basket icon will become highlighted, and the Asset will be added to the Asset Basket.
4) Now, if you view your Asset Basket, you will see that the Asset has been added.
You can see if an Asset is currently in the Asset Basket, by viewing the Asset Details section for the Asset. If the Asset has been added to the Basket, you will see a highlighted Basket icon in the top-right corner, with the word Added beneath it.
Note: Alternatively, you can add/remove an Asset from the Asset Basket, directly in the Asset Details section for an Asset.
Carrying Out Actions Against an Asset in the Basket
To carry out an Action against an Asset, follow these steps:
1) In your Asset Basket, click on an Asset card.
2) You will then be taken to the Asset Details section for that Asset.
3) Select an Action to carry out against the Asset, from the Actions Toolbar.
Bulk Actions Toggle
As well as carrying out Actions against a single Asset in the Basket, you can also carry out Actions against multiple Assets simultaneously. For example: you could publish multiple Assets at the same time. This is done by using the Bulk Actions toggle. When you open your Asset Basket, you will notice that the Bulk Action toggle is located in the top-left corner. By default, this is turned off.
To use the Bulk Actions toggle, follow these steps:
1) In your Asset Basket, click the Bulk Actions toggle.
2) The Bulk Actions toggle will slide to the right, and ON will be displayed.
Now you will notice that an Actions toolbar appears above the Bulk Actions toggle. This Toolbar will be greyed out until you select one or more Assets.
You will also notice that a white tick symbol appears on each Asset card in the Asset Basket. By selecting this tick symbol, you are selecting the Asset, so that you can apply an Action to it.
3) Click the tick symbol to select each Asset. The tick symbols will become highlighted, indicating that the Assets have been selected.
4) Now, some Actions will become illuminated, and you can apply an Action to all those Assets simultaneously, e.g. the Publish Action.
Removing Assets from the Asset Basket
You can remove an Asset from the Asset Basket, if you no longer want it there.
To remove an Asset from the Asset Basket, follow these steps:
1) Navigate to the Asset card for the Asset you wish to remove.
2) Click the highlighted Basket icon.