User Groups are used to segregate Users within an Account, Sub-Account, or the Master Account for the purposes of:
• Assigning Event Notifications
• Assigning Tasks
• Metadata Field Access
Most importantly, a User Group represents a collection of Users that share a specific Task. Typically a Task is assigned to a User Group.
The following properties can be viewed at User Group level:
• Owner: Typically the person that created the User in the system.
• Members: A collection of Users that belong to this User Group. (A User can belong to more than one User Group)
• Account: The Account that the User Group belongs to.
An example of a User Group created in Ooyala Flex is "Approval Group". By creating a User Group with this name, and assigning the Users as members of this User Group with responsibility for approving content, the relevant Approval Tasks can automatically be assigned to these people.
User Group Object Properties
|Scope||Account, User||The Scoping of this Object|
|Visibility||Whether the Object supports visibility|
|Extended Config.||Whether the Object has an extended configuration tab|
|Scripting||Whether the Object can be configured using scripting|
|Enable / Disable||Whether the Object can be enabled and disabled|
|Start / Stop||Whether the Object can be started and stopped|
|Copy||Whether the Object can be copied|
|Export / Import||Whether the Object can be exported and imported|
|Delete||Whether the Object can be deleted|
|Unique Name||Whether the Object name must be unique within its scope|
|Variants||Whether the Object supports Variants|
Creating User Groups
1) On the Toolbar, click the New option.
2) From the drop down, click Group.
3) In the Create a new Group... screen, enter the details for your new Group.
4) If you want to make the Group private, select the Private checkbox.
5) When you have finished specifying the details, click Save to finalise.
Adding members to the Group
1) In the Group Details screen, click the Members sub-tab.
2) In the Members sub-tab, click the Edit Members option.
3) To add a member, select a User from the Non-Members box, and click the Arrows icon.
4) The User will then be added to the Members box.
5) When you have finished adding members to the Group, click Save to finalise.
6) Now, when you click on the Members sub-tab, you will see all the members you have added to the Group.
Enabling a Group
To enable a Group, navigate to the Group Details screen, and click the Enable option.