Accessing the Metadata Designer
There are three entry points in Core, by which you can access the Metadata Designer. These are as follows:
- Via the Toolbar: You can select the New option, and then select Metadata Definition. From there, you can then create a new metadata definition. This is the primary way to access the metadata designer.
- By Searching: You can search for a specific metadata definition. Then when you select it from the search results, you will be taken to the Metadata Designer.
- Via a Variant: You can access the metadata definition by selecting a variant that is associated with a specific metadata definition.
When the Metadata Designer opens, you will see two options:
- Create New Metadata Schema: This option enables you to create a new metadata schema.
- Import Metadata Schema: This option enables you to import an existing metadata schema. By clicking this option, you are able to drop a metadata schema file into the upload window.
You will also see a list of existing metadata schemas that you have created. If you click on a metadata schema in the list, it will open, and you can edit it.