Managing a User Profile
The Details tab displays all the information regarding how the user is managed within Ooyala Flex. See below a list of the most important fields within this tab:
• Login: The login is your login name.
• Owner: The owner is the user that created the current user (A user is a type of Ooyala Flex object and has an owner).
- Account: The account that this user belongs to.
• Role: The Role field defines the role that the user has been assigned. Permissions are assigned to roles, so the role that the user has will determine what they can see and do in Ooyala Flex.
• Variant: Variant is a sub-type of an object defined by a user.
• Metadata Definition: This defines the metadata schema that this user uses within Ooyala Flex to capture additional custom data about this user.
• Full Name: The First Name and Last Name fields are mandatory.
• Email: The email address is mandatory and is used by Ooyala Flex for the purpose of notification.
• Phone: This phone number can be used to contact the user and it's also the number that automated Ooyala Flex SMS notifications will be sent to.
• Notifications: This defines the level of event notification that the user will receive (if their phone number or email has been setup correctly). There are three levels of notification for both email and SMS: Info, Warning and Error.
• Country: Defines the user's location by country. This is used to work out time zones and calculate times properly. This is especially useful if you are working with people who are in a different time zone to you.
• Timezone: Defines the local time zone that the user resides in and overrides the default time zone allocated to a country.
• External Reference: This field provides a way of mapping a user in Ooyala Flex to an external ID or string that is used in a wider organisation.
• Expires On: This field is read-only and shows when this user account is due to expire. This field is not mandatory so may not have a value.
- Photo: You can set a profile picture so that your user profile is distinguishable. It is important to note, that your chosen photo must be 200 x 200 Pixels.