Some object types allow you to define types. A type is a more specific category of an existing object which is defined by a user. For example: Ooyala Flex supports media and image assets. This means that in Ooyala Flex you can create, update and search for assets. But what about if you want to create a new object type that is like an asset but more specific? What if you wish to assign different data fields to your more specific type? Let's say you want to create a type called "Trailer" that is simply a type of asset with more specific data felds. To do this you create a type.
When you create a type, you do the following:
• Select the Ooyala Flex object type you want to base your type on (such as a media asset)
• Create a name for your type (Example: Trailer)
• Supply an optional metadata schema to help describe properties of your type
Creating a Type
To create a type, follow these steps:
1) In the Ooyala Flex console, click the Settings tab.
2 On the toolbar, select types.
3) The Metadata Designer opens.
4) On the right-hand side of the screen, click the icon.
5) In the Name field, enter a name.
6) From the Object Type drop down, select the object type that you want to associate the type with. For example: Media Asset or Image Asset.
7) From the Metadata Schema drop down, you can select a metadata a metadata schema if required. These metadata fields could contain information that is relevant to the type. These metadata fields will then appear every time a type of that type is created.
8) To set this type as the default, select the Default type checkbox.
9) Click Create.