A workspace represents a collection of users that share specific assets, players, jobs, workflows, and user tasks. A workspace belongs to an account and provides a means of grouping together users who wish to collectively work on assets. Hence a workspace allows users of Ooyala Flex to work in a project context.
The following properties can be viewed at workspace level:
- Owner: Typically the person that created the workspace in the system.
- Members: A collection of users that belong to this workspace.
- Account: The account that the workspace belongs to.
The main features of this functionality are:
• That content can be shared on a per project basis.
• Once created, you can switch between different workspaces.
• Members can be assigned to workspaces.
Workspace Object Properties
|Scope||account, user||The scoping of this object|
|Visibility||Whether the object supports visibility|
|Extended Config.||Whether the object has an extended configuration tab|
|Scripting||Whether the object can be configured using scripting|
|Enable / Disable||Whether the object can be enabled and disabled|
|Start / Stop||Whether the object can be started and stopped|
|Copy||Whether the object can be copied|
|Export / Import||Whether the object can be exported and imported|
|Delete||Whether the object can be deleted|
|Unique Name||Whether the object name must be unique within its scope|
|Variants||Whether the object supports variants|
Creating a Workspace
1) On the toolbar, click the New option.
2) From the drop down, select Workspace.
3) In the Create new Workspace... section, enter the details for your workspace.
4) When you have finished specifying the details for your workspace, click Save.
Adding Members to a Workspace
1) In the workspace details screen, click the Members sub-tab.
2) Click the Edit Members option.
3) Select a user from the Non-Members box, and then click the Arrows icon.
4) The user will then appear in the Members box.
5) When you have finished adding members to the workspace, click Save to finalise.
6) Now, when you click the Members sub-tab, you will see all the users you have added to the workspace.
Removing Members from a Workspace
To remove a member from a workspace, follow these steps:
1) Navigate to the Details section for your chosen workspace.
2) Next, click the Members sub-tab.
3) Click the Edit Members option.
4) Select a user from the Members box.
5) Click the Arrows icon.
6) The user is then removed from the Members box, and will appear in the Non-Members box.
7) Once you have removed all the appropriate members from the workspace, click Save to finalise.
8) Now, when you return to the Details section for the workspace, you will see that the user(s) no longer appear under the Members sub-tab.
Enabling a Workspace
To enable a workspace, click the Details tab, and then click the Enable option.
Selecting an existing Workspace
You can switch between different workspaces within an account quickly and easily. To do this, follow these steps:
1) In the Ooyala Flex console, click the Workspaces drop down, located in the top-right.
2) From the drop down, select a workspace from the list. When you select a workspace from the list, the tick will turn green.
3) You can see which workspace you are currently in, as the name will be present above the drop down. In the example below, the current workspace is called News.
Sharing Items that are Within a Workspace
See below an example of how an asset ingested in a workspace can only be shared amongst members that are assigned to it.
1) Select a Workspace
2) Ingest an asset into Ooyala Flex (i.e. media asset: such as an mp4 file).
3) Check that your asset has been ingested. As you can see, the master workspace is still selected as the workspace.
4) Run a global search for your Asset.
5) See that the asset is displayed. You can check against the time stamp:
6) Switch workspace to another workspace. When you search for the same asset in this workspace, it will not display the asset.
Note: Assets can be shared within an account (through workspace memberships), but not duplicated (i.e. the same asset in each workspace). In order to view an asset, you must be a member of the specific workspace in which it was created.
You can see the default workspace as it is marked with a green tick in the workspace drop down.
Accessing Objects in Different Workspaces
Some global searches in Ooyala Flex allow you to search across all of the workspaces that you are a member of. In this case you will be returned a list of objects that may reside in different workspaces to the one you are currently in.
1) If you roll-over an object that exists in a different workspace to the one you are currently in, a pop-up will notify you of this.
2) If you click on this object, you will be presented with a pop-up asking whether you would like to switch workspaces in order to see the details of this object. If you click Continue, the workspace will be switched and the details for the object will be displayed.
You can click the Don't display this again checkbox, if you do not wish to be warned before switching workspaces in future.